Self-Employed with Robin Donley (www.robindonley.com)
April 2013 to Present, Bobtown, PA
AACE International – April 2013 to December 2015
Continued to maintain/update AACE Website; Continued to create banner ads
for self-promotion on the website; Continued to assist staff with issues and
updates in the AMS system; Basically provided the same support, except
Trouble-shooting of office computers.
Designed/Developed Various other websites to include:
- Anne Abernathy (www.anneabernathy.com)
- Rocky Mountain Section of AACE International (www.aacerms.org)
- Utah Section of AACE International (www.aaceiutah.org)
IT/IM/Graphics Specialist with AACE International (www.aacei.org)
November 2005 to April 2013, Morgantown, WV
- Successfully redesigned and relauched company website multiple times
consistently making it more user friendly and adding new features as they are
- Maintained and updated website as necessary.
with Sales Company to make sure Advertiser ads are placed in correct locations
and durations throughout the website.
- Designed/Created: New permanent
Membership Card, Banner Ads and PowerPoint Presentation Templates for 2007
through 2012 Annual Meetings.
- Designed and developed website templates
for the local sections to use, that offer the same ‘feel’ as the AACE
International Headquarters website.
- Created additional banner ads for self-promotion (i.e. Renew Membership,
Vote for Board of Directors, and Advertise in the Journal, on Website or Exhibit
at Annual Meeting).
- Assisted with migration to new AMS System; Created
How-To Cheat Sheets for staff to use when working with the new AMS systems.
Created How-To Videos for membership to be able to complete various tasks in the
- Designed posters for display at Colleges, etc.
- Trouble-shoot office computers and company Membership Database.
Graphic Designer with Tru-Copy Printing Service
February 2005 to September 2005, Brownsville, PA
- Created various types of designs for printing/publication, to include:
Business Cards, Letterhead, Signs, Newsletters, Forms, Dance Books, Yearbooks
and other items as needed.
Part-time Ad Designer with the Herald-Standard Newspaper
October 2003 to February 2005, Uniontown, PA
- Electronically created ads, from concept to completion, selecting art and
typesetting requirements, including single block, spec and house ads.
Developed flyers, brochures, logos, special section covers and banners, in-house
promotions, maps, charts, graphs, etc. as assigned.
GUI Developer (Software Application Engineer III) with SAIC
February 2003 to July 2003, McLean, VA
- Created layout of screens on a FBI Project to modernize the capabilities of
the agents to store, inspect, and correlate data about criminal cases and
national security investigations.
- Worked with customer to make sure all
requirements were captured correctly and sufficiently.
- Created the GUI
- Defined and documented user interface specifications.
Lead GUI Analyst/Web Technologist (Software Application Engineer II)
September 2000 to February 2003, McLean, VA
Highlights of Requirements, Analysis, Design and Development on RCAS (Reserve
Component Automation System):
- Team Leader and mentor for junior staff
for design and implementation of Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs).
Used object-oriented design and development tools to meet rapidly changing
customer requirements from the requirements phase through the development
phase, making extensive use of prototyping and component reuse.
Developed the user interface model, which included the graphical user
interface (GUI) software prototype and defined and documented user interface
- Created the look and feel for final Web Application
products (including all images and cascading style sheets).
Implementation Manager with womenCONNECT.com
May 1998 to August 2000, McLean, VA
Highlights of Project Management, Implementation and Design:
Managed advertising on website and newsletters.
- Created animated and
non-animated images as needed to highlight articles or to drive visitors to
- Design brochures and other graphical material as needed.
Marketing Analyst/Order Entry Manager with LCI International
February 1998 to May 1998, McLean, VA
- Reviewed, processed, and fulfilled
Custom and Stock Orders for Prepaid Calling Cards.
database (Microsoft Access) to manage and track all orders.
Maintained and balanced inventory of all prepaid cards.
Produced weekly reports for total sales.
- Performed various
other tasks associated with the order entry process.
Office Manager with Georgetown Discoveries, LLC
September 1996 to February 1998, McLean, VA
- Provided administrative support to Executive Staff for both Virginia and
- Performed accounting functions to include: Payroll,
Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable, as well as balanced company accounts.
Created reports, spreadsheets, and forms to track and manage functions
- Established and maintained employee folders.
new employees on benefits and health insurance options.
- Supervised and
trained temporary help.
- Made travel arrangements when necessary.
Resolved computer issues (hardware and software) and managed LAN.
- Designed and published Company Newsletter and Brochure.
- Ordered all
Administrative Assistant with Ennis Electric Company, Inc.
September 1990 to August 1996, Manassas, VA
- Provided secretarial support to Executive staff and Field staff.
Established and maintained all project folders and employee files.
Prepared various types of correspondence: Memo’s, letters, requisitions,
purchase orders, reports, etc.
- Selected and ordered all office supplies.
Briefed new employees on company benefits and insurance options.
all office forms.
- Created and published company newsletter.
Filled in for Accountant to include: Payroll and Accounts Payable when
- Distributed incoming daily mail.
- Answered telephone and greeted
Office Manager with Ruscon Construction Company, Inc.
August 1989 to September 1990, Sterling, VA
- Provided secretarial support for Superintendent and Engineer.
- Established and maintain files for correspondence and contracts. Prepared
various types of correspondence.
- Distributed incoming daily mail. Selected and ordered all office supplies.
Ordered rental equipment and schedule maintenance for all equipment. Coded
invoice and expense reports.
- Prepared employee timesheets for processing. Briefed new employees on
company benefits and insurance options.
- Controlled and balanced company checking account and petty cash account.
- Helped prepare monthly Application for Payment to the owner.
- Issued and controlled all office keys.
- Made travel arrangements when necessary.
Secretary/Administrative Assistant with Merrill Lynch Realty
March 1989 to July 1989, Sterling, VA
- Reported daily listings and
sales totals to regional office.
- Weekly placement of advertisements.
- Maintained all files.
- Ordered and kept inventory of office supplies.
- Set up and maintained employee files.
- Computed commissions and forwarded to accounting department.
- Kept inventory of all listings and sales for 29 agents.
- Filled in as receptionist when needed.
Teller/Customer Service Representative with Community Bank & Trust of
November 1987 to March 1989, Sterling, VA
- Balanced and maintained a cash drawer.
- Computed and forwarded MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Customer Tax
- Researched and copied account information for legal purposes.
- Assisted in loan and accounting departments when needed.
- Managed all Head Teller duties when needed, including balancing main vault.
Adobe Photoshop 4-CS3; Adobe Pagemaker 7.0; Adobe Illustrator CS3; Adobe Image
Ready; Adobe Dreamweaver 4-CS3; Adobe Acrobat; QuarkXPress; Multi-Ad Creator;
Macromedia Homesite; Microsoft Frontpage; TopStyle Lite; and WS_FTP just to name
the most common.
RCAS Special Achievement Award
Recipient for Leadership Role in a Key Program Deliverable, February 2002
Mapletown High School